A+ Heating & Cooling:
HEATING | AIR CONDITIONING | INSTALLATIONS | AIR QUALITY | SERVICE & REPAIR
No other single system in your home plays a larger role in your comfort or how much your utility bill will be than your heating & air conditioning system. Our team of highly trained and friendly technicians are here to help you with any of your home temperature systems including air quality improvement and year round service & repair. You can count on our A+ expert technicians to get the job done right and giving you the peace of mind to truly make your house a home.
Proudly Serving the Greater Northern Indiana Area
BREMEN - BRISTOL - ELKHART - GOSHEN - GRANGER - LA PORTE - LONG BEACH - MICHIGAN CITY - MISHAWAKA - SOUTH BEND - LAKEVILLE - PLYMOUTH & MORE
Service & Repair:
Everyone has a peace of mind knowing they can call A+ Plumbing, Heating, and Cooling when your HVAC (Heating, Ventilation, & Air Conditioning) system breaks down in the middle of the winter or summer. Our skilled technicians can handle all your service needs from warranty to out-of-warranty repairs including immediate emergency response. We recommend regular maintenance to keep your HVAC system in top-condition and reduce the need for service calls.
In climates like the midwest, a high-efficiency HVAC system (Heating, ventilation, & air conditioning system) can keep your whole house comfortable while keeping utility costs low. We specialize in state-of-the-art home comfort solutions, including furnaces, boilers and heat pumps. We also have the skilled technicians who can provide you with alternative HVAC and home energy systems.
Indoor Air Quality Control:
Most us spend the majority of our lives in inside of our homes. Which is why is a great reason to invest in to having clean air. Clean indoor air with low levels of dust, particulates and contaminants and the right level of humidity is important for day-to-day health and comfort. If you want cleaner, healthier indoor air, we can install the latest air filtration systems, air purifiers, UV lamps, dehumidifiers, and humidifiers.
A+ Top 10 Fun Facts: Heating & Cooling
At A+, we believe that keeping you informed is just as important as our honest and qualitative service. Many people ask us questions about how to save money, and make their system run efficiently, in the interest of saving you time and helping you keep your best foot forward. We’re more than happy to provide you with our A+ Top 10 Fun Facts for Heating & Cooling. These facts range from the history of Heating and AC to some actual great practices to keep your home warm and cool at the appraise moments as well as help you save money! Keep in mind, these facts won’t keep your Heating & AC from needing maintenance, but they will definitely help your home feel more comfortable and help you with peace of mind. So without further adieu, here are the A+ Top 10 Heating & Cooling Money Saving Fun Facts!
1. Invest in insulation! Hundreds of thousands of dollars in energy costs are lost each year due to escaping heat and cold air in homes without proper insulation. You can get inexpensive insulation from your local home improvement store and cover up all those areas where heat might escape. Either install it yourself starting with foam weather stripping for your doors and windows which is cheap and is extremely easy to apply, or call M&V Pro-Services our community partner to get the best home insulation for a great price and professional attention to detail.
2. Bundle up to stay warm and cozy while saving money! One of the easiest ways to save on your heating bill is to put on a cozy winter sweater and warm socks. Keep throw blankets on your couch, and add an area rug to insulate the floor to save money on heating.
3. Use the sun for free heat! Our sunny Indiana sky should be the focus of temperature control in your home all year long. Keep the curtains on your southern facing windows open during winter days to bring free heat into your home. When the sun goes down, close your window coverings and keep the heat inside.
4. Adjust the thermostat nightly. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, you can save about 10 percent per year on your heating bills by turning your thermostat down 10 to 15 degrees for eight hours. Consider investing in flannel sheets and a warm comforter for your bed and keeping your home cooler when you sleep
5. Keep your furnace clean and unblocked. Maintaining your furnace and vents will reduce energy consumption and help you save. Check your furnace filter monthly and replace it when it gets dirty, or sign up for an Advantage/Advantage + Yearly Service Plan to let us keep your mind at ease!
6. You have more control over ventilation than you know, use ceiling fans to control ventilation and airflow so you can be more energy efficient in the summer and winter months. Here’s how to save money on heating and cooling with ceiling fans: set them to turn counter-clockwise to push hot air up during the winter and turn them clockwise to trap heat inside & keep your rooms warmer during warmer months. During winter, turning your ceiling fan on a low setting will gently push hot air back down.
7. Only heat the rooms you use. If there are rooms that rarely see usage, like guest rooms or large storage areas, you can close and seal off the vents in those rooms to be more energy efficient and save money! You can direct the flow of air to the rooms you use most and keep yourself warm without wasting any extra cash! Also: energy bills are usually on average $183 per month. By using a space heater in the rooms where you need it, and setting the thermostat to 62 degrees, you can save approximately $200 every year!
8. Install a whole-house humidifier to add moisture to the air. The air inside your home can become very dry which can make you feel colder and less cozy. Moist air feels warmer and holds heat better, so a humidifier can help you stay warm when your thermostat is set at a lower temperature. You can also keep a collection of house plants to increase the humidity in your home or office!
9. Decorate for the holidays with LED lights. Newer LED lightbulbs use at least 75% less energy and last 25 times longer than older, incandescent bulbs. On top of less energy consumption, LED lights don't emit as much heat and are more resistant to breakage, making them a safer alternative. Bonus tip: Always unplug your holiday lights before going to bed or leaving the house. Just like all appliances and electronics, your holiday lights will continue to draw power even when you’re not using them adding unnecessary expenses to your utility bills.
10. Finally, only use exhaust fans when you have to. Exhaust fans in your kitchen and bathroom pull the rising warm air toward the ceiling & out of your home or office. By using exhaust fans sparingly, and shutting them off when you are done with them, you can preserve warm air and save money all winter long!
So there you have it folks, we hope you enjoyed our top 10 Money Saving facts about Heating & Cooling. We hope that you can count on A+ Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, to serve your home, office, or commercial building with honesty, integrity, and quality. Because at A+, our service makes the grade!