A + Electrical Services:
WIRING | ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE | TROUBLESHOOTING | INSTALLATIONS
At A+ Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling, we are experienced electrical professionals providing electrical services for residential & commercial properties. Our expert electricians can handle all kinds of work from new wiring to electrical maintenance and troubleshooting. We specialize in the service and installation of electrical systems and have comprehensive knowledge of new technologies as well as systems that have been installed for years. Rest easy knowing your home electrical or commercial electrical system is in good hands with us
Proudly Service the Greater Northern Indiana Area
BREMEN - BRISTOL - ELKHART - GOSHEN - GRANGER - LA PORTE - LONG BEACH - MICHIGAN CITY - MISHAWAKA - SOUTH BEND - LAKEVILLE - & MORE
A+ Top 10 Fun Facts: Electrical
We care about your electrical system the same way we care about ours. While many of our customers ask us how to save money on their electric bill, we wanted to make sure that everyone whether they choose A+ Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling as their main electrical service maintenance provider or not has access to some great household money saving tips. So save money on your electric bill by using some of our top 10 money saving facts!
1. Turn off unnecessary lights: Two 100-watt incandescent bulbs switched off an extra two hours per day could save you $15 over a year. Better yet, switch to LED.
2. Use natural light: A single south-facing window can illuminate 20 to 100 times its area. Turning off one 60-watt bulb for four hours a day is a $9 saving over a year.
3. Use task lighting Turn off ceiling lights and use table lamps, track lighting and under-counter lights in work and hobby areas as well as in kitchens.
4. Take shorter showers Hot water is expensive. If two people in your home cut their shower time by a minute each, you could save $30 over a year.
5. Unplug unused electronics Standby power can account for 10% of an average household's annual electricity use. Unplug unused electronics and save $50 a year.
6. No more desktop If you're still using that old desktop, recycle it and switch to your laptop. If you use your laptop two hours per day, you'll save $4 over a year.
7. Run full loads Cut one load of wash per week, even if you're already using cold water only, and you could save $18 a year on your laundry costs.
8. Efficient refrigeration Keep your fridge and freezer at their ideal temperature. For your fridge this is between 35.6°F and 37.4°F and your freezer should set to 0% or your ice cream will get too hard!
9. Use a hot water bottle! Use a hot water bottle instead of an electric blanket. If you do use an electric blanket, turn it on to warm up the bed before you get in. Then, turn if off before you go to sleep.
10. Avoid using the dryer - Hang your washing outside on sunny days, and use an indoor clothes rack when it's raining, instead of using the clothes dryer.
We hope you enjoyed our money saving solutions, and are on your way to making efficient changes in your electrical systems. Don’t forget, at A+ plumbing, heating, & cooling its our quality that makes the grade!